Saturday, July 19, 2008

It's OK to never grow up


July 19, 2008

Today I dedicate to one of my favorite relatives. Today is my niece Dezi's 20th birthday and first thing this morning I sent her a text asking her if she felt all grown up now that she was no longer a teenager. Her reply was quick and to the point, "I don't want to grow up". Well, perfect answer and that is why you are one of my favorite persons to be around.

You are always the life of the party no matter where the party may be. You have that special gift to simply make people laugh and smile and believe me, that is a special gift. I don't think in the 20 years I have known Dezi have I ever heard a negative word come out of her mouth. She genuinly sees the best in others and life in general. Just recently she was asked by a fellow employee what she was drinking that made her so happy all the time, another quick reply "Water", I don't need anything else I'm just happy to be alive. I love life." So I thank you Dezi for sharing a bit of your happiness with me and in doing so keeping me young.

No comments: