Monday, July 21, 2008

Never Leave Home Without It

This is is one bit of Trina's wisdom, never leave home without a good book. As most of you know my favorite pastime or hobby is reading. I can't really say when I picked up this incredible habit or hobby but I know it was at a very young age. Well summer time is by far the best time to enjoy this pastime. It's the time of year you can catch me reading for hours by the pool or in the evening on my porch and I might add I don't feel the least bit guilty spending hours doing this.

A few weeks ago I ran into some cute kids from the neighborhood as they were eagerly signing up for the summer reading program at the library. It brought back some fond memories when I would ride my bike to the local library on the very first day of summer break and do they exact same thing. When I was young I didn't have too many friends that shared my enthusiasm for this particulary hobby but now that I've grown up (just a bit) I'm sure there are a few of you that might enjoy this pastime as well. Therefore I thought I would share with you what I've been reading this summer.

Child 44
Book of a Thousand Days
The Host
The Summer Sherman Loved Me
The Very Ordered Existence of Merilee Marvelous
The Uncommon Reader
Beastly
These is my words

And I am currently reading, My Most Excellent Year: A novel of Love, Mary Poppins and Fenway Park.

I highly recommend any of these books and if you go to the library and look for them don't be surprised to find that many are in the young adult section. I guess its my way of staying young. No with all seriousness many of the best novels are found in this section. Ok enough writing I believe its time to go read. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Ellen Irion said...

You know occasionally I do make sure I have a book with me and I LOVE it! such good advice, as usual. I decided that when I have kids that I have to drive everywhere and wait for them I want to have a book to fill the time